To Murrukh of Many Teeth, an Offer of Adventure

To Murrukh of Many Teeth, an Offer of Adventure

Postby Rance » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:09 pm

The seamstress counted down the doors in the hallway one by one, waving a gloved finger at each number as they ascended by digit. When she found the one she thought was his -- the wood was saturated by the barley stink of old ale -- she squatted down in front of it and slipped a folded book-page under the door and across the threshold. Scrawled in quill-ink across a fading poem, his name: murrik. mezza toothes and gums

Inside, the poorly-spelled letter had been scribbled across several stanzas of a poem that was otherwise unintelligible, but that had once been titled in Standard, "For my Chin was turned to Road and my Feet were Given Song".

i hafe kwite a task ahed of me and wood hope that u hafe the tyme to consider an offir,

at the bahest of master rejent glen burny i am contrakted to pick up a delivary of books shipped from my homeland jernowa that resently arryved in town noarth of here called foggey bottem. becus i am not fond of hoarses and do not have a kerridge to call my owne, and because my deer friend master churney is rakovering from a weund and my other deer fren mister catch wood probly not travel well with me, i wood like to ask if you might be willeng to come with me,

the traval is sevrul days by foot to and from and i wood praffer not to be alone i wish to leaf a weak from today and mite even wear trousers, i kannot offer you paymint but mayby a few mugs of ale along the way, it will be an advencher of ease for you with your bug helmit,

so please meat with me at your first chanse to discuss, i will be sending a letter to glen burny in the next day or so as well to let him no I have done good work in sacuring jernowa and mirken wood duplomisy,

your fren down the hall who gave you a bettar kiss than coleca, glorea wynsee

Rance
Co-Founder

Return to The Tavern