Winter Wine and Cordial Company

Winter Wine and Cordial Company

Postby Tolleson » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:11 pm

(( Some re-post of the log for reference ))

•Arcana strangely she would curl up on the couch next to him, drawing her feet up underneath her, her head gently leaned against his shoulder. As he speaks, the smile that curls her lips is almost cruel. "Oh dear...I think you misundertand, Tennant. The man that Catch might find is not my Father. Just my mother's...lover. Perhaps husband now, who knows. And whatever fate Catch could bring him he would deserve time and again. Death, and pain, and death again." Fingers flutter over her own throat as she recalls what he had done to her. Recalls why she fears going home again, for he knows where to find her now. A sip of the wine, as she leans against him. "And you too have a past, that follows you?"

[Tennant] “Oh, my mistake. That is quite a family you have,” another drink as he muses over the idea. He had quite a family himself, though, not nearly as violent by the looks of things. There is no recoil or movement to stop her, the bottle is passed from hand to table, the glass from one hand to the other. And the fingers of the hand, of the shoulder she leans upon run gently, idly through her loosened locks. “I am sure there is still a poster around here somewhere,” he feigns as if he’ll get up and find her one, but arrests the movement as not to disturb her. Catch had about a dozen, at least, stashed away in his room and surely his sister, Genny, had kept some if not already taken it upon herself to have them reposted.
Tolleson

Re: Winter Wine and Cordial Company

Postby ArcanaVraal » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:10 am

"A poster. Well aren't you fancy." A wink as she leaned against him. He would most likely miss the fluttering of her eyelids as he idly toyed with her hair. The wine glass was set to rest with the bottle on the table. As lovely as the wine was, she really only asked in hopes that it would draw him into another conversation.

For perhaps the first time in a long time, she felt at ease with someone. Even though she knew he likely held as many secrets as she did, perhaps more, there was a gentleness about him, and that was worth more than gold right now.

"I am afraid to go home."

Not a statement so much as another shared secret. The very fact that she admitted to fear was something odd, and something she would deny were it shared with anyone, or repeated in passing. He might overhear a slight grumble in her stomach, as she moved. She was so hungry these days. It seemed an odd thing, even to her.
ArcanaVraal

Postby Tolleson » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:56 am

"Not sure anyone has ever called me fancy before," but now someone had and he seemed rather proud of it.

When before the mood had been casual, comfortable, almost superficial; he watches her set the wine glass and change all that. It is such a small gesture, but like everything she did, it said so much about her. This, if nothing else was what he was truly best at. And so he is silent, listening to her when she explains that she is afraid. Just being there, thinking, watching, believing even if she gave him no real reason to do so.

He looks to the fire rather than the flutter of lashes. It is an introspective gaze without bounds. The glaze of reflected light in warm, golden yellow, dance and swirl over apple-green eyes. And he sits still. Still and calm, still and silent for quite some time. "For good reason I imagine." Well, considering those bruises, considering the fear her name had brought. It was hard to say.

So there is a sigh before his eyes return to her. The sort of smile that one has when they bring bad news. It is gentle and sweet, compassionate to the one point, that little twinge of regret, or pain, or just reality. It is the 'but' in every good thing.

"A year ago, I would have told you... don't go back," even in this stoic state he continues to run fingers through her hair, almost idly.

"Not going home only got me in more trouble than it was worth," there is a smile on his face, but he isn't smiling.
Tolleson

Postby ArcanaVraal » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:17 pm

"A year ago, I would not have worried. I would not have gone back."

The words are easy, perfect and true. No games, no diversions, simple truths; something that came fairly easy around Tennant. The words she does not speak, are harder. She had no reason to go home. No one was looking, not even him, she knew that. He would never darken her doorway again. He had gotten what he wanted, there would be no more use for her.

"I will return tomorrow. It's far too late to go tonight."

As he toyed with her hair there was another smile. She would not read into it anything that was not there. It was a simple touch. It was comforting to her, and maybe to him as well. This was a man who saw people with problems and worry most likely every day. He had perhaps grown accustomed to easing their worry, their pains. Despite that, it was so nice and warm here by the fire. She was comfortable and she felt safe for now. That was worth something.

"I do not mean to make such a somber thing of this,Tennant. Tell me more of your little friend. This Elliot. Despite his sour tongue he seems to look up to you."

She was leaning forward then, again, to grasp the glass and sip at the wine. Food forgotten for a time.
Mommy's little monster,
Wrapped inside a box.
Can't forgive her,
She threw away the f'kng key.
I'll haunt her
For the rest of her life
(for the rest of her life)
ArcanaVraal

Postby Tolleson » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:58 pm

It was what it was. Simple, uncomplicated, comfortable. Maybe he did see a fair number of people, with a fair number of problems. If so, he didn’t say.

“Its on your mind,” he gave a shrug as if to say, better say what was on one’s mind that to play at it. There is a grin, maybe almost doubting laugh as he takes a tip of wine and considers what she says then about Elliot.

“Me, a role model. How incredibly depressing,” yes, there was doubt. Voice thick with it, but amused. Elliot might look up to Solena, but to him? No, he probably just had a soft spot for dumb kids and Elliot misunderstood it as some sort of thieves’ pact. An unspoken alliance.

“He would be better off taking advantage of Ms. Olwak’s kindness, a smith is a good trade,” an agreeable little smile, a cock of his head ever so slightly to the side. “I am sure he will avoid it as long as possible,” if he went to see Cinnabar at all.
Tolleson

Postby ArcanaVraal » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:57 am

"You doubt yourself a great deal, Tennant. I think you have far more to offer, to the boy, than you might believe."

The wine is slowly savored, then set on the table again, for no other reason than to allow her to loop her fingers over the arm she leaned on. It was not an advance, just a sign of comfort.

"Elliot fancies himself a great little rogue, or thief, but he has so much to learn. This Ms. Olwak. How does she factor in to all this? What offer did she make for him?"

In all honestly she thought Elliot would benefit far more from Tennant, the man had the experience that might actually prove to disuade Elliot from his chosen path. Still, if it was a path he would not divert from, Tennant also possessed the knowledge to help him be successful and alive.

"I would offer to help him, but I somehow doubt he would take much advice from the 'mark'."

She would lean forward and grin at him, trying to retrieve his more jovial mood that she has so expertly murderd.
Mommy's little monster,
Wrapped inside a box.
Can't forgive her,
She threw away the f'kng key.
I'll haunt her
For the rest of her life
(for the rest of her life)
ArcanaVraal

Return to The Tavern