A letter to Kals

A letter to Kals

Postby Drache » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:50 pm

The letter would most likely be slid under Kals' door in the tavern or handed to him by one of the barmaids as he passed through the common area inside. It was written on soft expensive vellum and folded neatly, a letter turned into its own envelop and sealed with crimson wax at the flap. The seal itself was the simple outline of a tongue of flame with a draconic 'D' at its heart.

'Kals Olwak' was scriven on the outside.

Inside, a note from the crimson dragoness was penned in an ink that seemed slightly more red than black. Her penmanship was thin and tall with jagged serifs and pointed flourishes.

'To the notable Trader, Kals Olwak,

In a continuation of our previous conversation, it is with great anticipation that I invite you to discuss business at my Lair south and west of the tavern's location. I will be available at home before noon for the next several days, though if you would prefer to arrange something further distant just leave word with one of the Dagger's barmaids.

Bring with you examples of the goods you deal in, and wait for me in the old Watchtower. Ring the bell.

Your hoard glitter all the more brightly,
Drache 'Sgarsiath, FlameCaller'

Beneath the writing was a clever to-scale map showing the approximate location and distance from the tavern to her Lair.
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him. - J. R. R. Tolkien
Drache

Return to The Tavern