A leave of absence

A leave of absence

Postby Dulcie » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:47 am

The barmaid makes her way into the kitchen while Edda's at work. She'd come in without her apron, her hands held together quietly until she waits until Edda has a free moment to attend to her.

"Edda, I know that you've been short on help lately and I hate to leave you in the lurch, but my brother in law has gone and broken his arm and he and my sister still have yet to get all of their seeds in the ground. I have to take a few weeks to go and help them if we'll have a crop this year, shouldn't take more than a fortnight. I'll finish out the week first though, and I'll be back in again as soon as the work is finished."

((I'm running away to Europe! Yay! See you all when I get back!!!!)
Dulcie

Postby Wendy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:50 am

Dulcie is a fine maid that has done an excellent job of taking care of the tavern's customers and even some of the staff. Because she is a hard worker, she will be missed by the tavern manager. It is going to require more hours from the elder, but she has seen to keeping house for all of her married life. What difficulty can it be to manage a single room and its diverse patronage?

Family is first to this woman who would spend her nights sewing by dim candlelight just to be sure her Estela or any of her boys were wearing reliable threads.

"Oh, your brother, he needs to fix his arm? I understand. You go. You help your sister and your brother, and you make a good crop for the family." Dark, brown eyes are solemn while the woman is speaking. Both of her hands are moving within an old, beaten pan, battling dough with punching fists. She has flour clinging to her skin up to the elbows - flour smeared across the front of her apron, but not one coarse, white hair is out of its coil at the back of her head. Sweat shines on the slant of her nose. "In a week, eh? I can make you some sweet bread. You take it for your family, from Edda and Otis and Estela Maren, right? You can do that." she nods, agreeing with herself.
Wendy

Return to The Tavern