Late night conversation

Late night conversation

Postby Sherazade » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:49 pm

Jinni had not meant to stay as long as she had... but several days of hardwork, and being too excited to sleep had taken their toll, and she had fallen asleep upon the daggers couch. The sounds of oher patrons during the day, had not woken her, and now night had fallen she was finally woken by a maid, with a gentle shake. "Miss you should get a room, till morning tis dark out now".

Sitting up Jinni rubbed sleep from he eyes, and brushed back her hair. "I'm sorry i've been working hard to get my shop ready"

The maid smiled and handed jinni a mug of tea "I know miss you talked about it in your sleep. how much is left to do?"

Taking a sip of her tea, Jinni thought for a moment before answering. "I am merely awaiting both material and customers.... is going to take some time for them to come from home... from Razasan"

"it will happen miss, now i'll leave you to your tea, and see if we can find you a room" With a last smile the Maid would move away, leaving Jinni to her musings.
Words of wisdom for life

Sleep i forget what that is *laughs*
Sherazade

Rhaena

Postby Jirai » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:03 am

"You're up late." Of course, the veiled woman coming through the door was one to talk, since she was apparently up as well. Perhaps it was a curious look she shot Jinni as she closed the door behind her, folding her embroidered cloak neatly over her arm.
And though scary is exciting
Nice is different than good.
Jirai
Op

Pot calling the kettle.

Postby Sherazade » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:08 am

Head turned as the door opened, and the vieled girl spoke... this one she had seen with glenn, but that was not enough to make her be rude... even if she thought the comment was a fine example of a pot calling a kettle black.

Lips curved into a wry smile... "Not tired now, comes from sleeping much of the day away" Shoulders rolled in a delicate shrug. "what has you still awake?" It was a polite question, one she was not sure she would get an answre too
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Rhaena

Postby Jirai » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:18 am

"Oh, arranging a small shipment from home. Nothing particularly interesting, I'm afraid." If Jinni wasn't tired, Rhaena certainly was. It was clear from her voice.

"I'm Rhaena Olwak, by the way." She hadn't caught Jinni's name, had only seen her once or twice maybe.
Jirai
Op

Postby Sherazade » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:30 am

Arranging a shipment? that statement had her gaze going towards the maid, a brow arching in silent question. Recieving a nod in answer, she turned back to face Rhaena. "Jinni Darden." this was said with a smile as she rose and offered her hand. "I won't keep you long, but part of the shipment would not be fabric by any chance.?"
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Rhaena

Postby Jirai » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:34 am

The veiled girl nodded politely as her gloved hand clasped Jinni's lightly. "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Darden. And yes, some of it is. Fine fabrics."
Jirai
Op

Postby Sherazade » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:43 am

A smile that turned rich loam depths ot melted chocolate lit up jinni's features now, as Rhaena spoke and clasped her hand. "please the pleasure is most definately mine. especially if i can view the fabrics when they arrive." Now she released rhaena's hand "I'm a seamstress and tailor, and right now my shelves are a little bare." A little bare, they were completely empty, but it would be bad business practice to be that honest.
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Rhaena

Postby Jirai » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:13 am

"Ahh." Business, then, and that was worth a little less sleep. "Well, if its fabrics you are interested in, I do have some right now as well. Are you looking for anything in particular?"
Jirai
Op

Postby Sherazade » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:25 am

Jinni's night just kept improving, she was chaffing at waiting, eager to begin. chocolate depths danced with excitment, she was hard pressed to contain.
What did she want... ahhh there wsa such a long list and not just of fabrics, still she had a fair amount of threads, and trimmings yet, packed away in one of her trunks.

"silks, satins, velvets, thos woven from fine wool." She paused for a moment and considered the approaching season, winter was giving way to spring and leading them towads summer. "some lighter wieght fabrics, linens, especially cotton." Of course there were others, like muslin and all the rest, but those would come from Razasan, and could wait. the list would allow her to begin.
"Don't let me keep you up though, I can wait till you've rested." It was a genuine offer, even if rhaena being tired, might give Jinni an advantage when it came to bargining.
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Rhaena

Postby Jirai » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:34 am

The veiled girl nodded slowly at that list. "I can do most of that, and some other fabrics that I wager you've never heard of. How about this - let me know where your shop is, and I'll bring some samples down tomorrow morning. How does that sounds?"
Jirai
Op

Postby Sherazade » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:31 am

Jinni couldnt help, the slight smirk that curved hr lips, even though Rhaena was likely right, it was amusing to think, there were fabrics she had never heard of... or seen. For just slightly longer than a heartbeat, the proposal was considered and she would nod "tomorrow morning, suits me, i'm on the corner of raven ridge road and haberdasher's row" Again she would offer her hand, but this time to conclude th unplanned, but fortuituous meeting.
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Return to The Tavern