To Ariane: A Bit of Joyous News.

To Ariane: A Bit of Joyous News.

Postby Kylerryth » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:04 pm

When the dark-haired, gray-eyed swordswoman next visited the tavern, she would be told of a letter arriving for her -- in fact, it had been delivered by courier some two nights ago, but had been lost amid a pile of ledgers and other documents afterward. This morning, however, it had been discovered; and this morning the Dagger's staff had resolved to give it to her with its dark blue wax seal intact, if a bit disfigured by the various items that had been laid on top of it.

The letter, which was written on fine, fine parchment, bone-white and soft as silk, contained the following message:

[indent]Ari,

She delivered today -- the 20th. A big healthy girl. We've named her Mochrie; it means "my beloved." I would've preferred telling you in person, but I'm sure you'll understand I want to be here, with Aislinn and Mochrie. Sorry for the brief letter, but I thought you'd want to know.

We'll talk soon. I promise.

Sincerely,
Coran
[/indent]

Perhaps it would seem ironic, then, that there had been silence between them the previous night; but perhaps it might also serve to explain that silence, as Coran did not know if she'd received the letter, much less read it, and did not know how to approach her after their last encounter.

Perhaps the letter would also act as a salve of sorts ... or, at the very least, give them something truly worthwhile to talk about.
I'll either find a way or make one.
Kylerryth

Return to The Tavern