Admirations Made in Secret

Admirations Made in Secret

Postby catch » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:09 pm

It was butcher-paper that was slid under a certain door, long-stained by moisture and errant drops of blood that had turned from crimson to dead-brown over the years. The Nightengale-girl, were she not put out by the dubious form, and pick open the letter, would see the words scrawled in a shaky, forgetful hand, accompanied by a rather unflattering, sloppy picture that is meant to be her, only with lips and eyes far too big, and nose non-existent, and giant's lips pressed together in a bizarre way.

DEAR MISS GALE

YUR I'S ARE BRIGHT AS BIGS BUGS FIREWORMS FIREFLIES. SOME TIME I WILL OPEN MY MOUF AND NOT SAY STOOPID-THINGS. BUT I SAY STOOPID-THINGS BECUZ YU ARE SO PRETY AND MY HEAD GETS FUNY AND IT WANTS TO HED-BUT YOU. IF I HED-BUT YU I AM VERY VER SORY IT JUS MEENS MY HEAD IS FUNY BECUZ YUR BYOOTIFUL.

LIKE FIREFLIES. IN MY STOMACHE.

BUT I LIKE YU A HOLE LOT AND IT JUS MEENS YUR HAIR LOOKS ESPESALY NICE TO-DAY.

SINED

SECRET FREND

catch

Re: Admirations Made in Secret

Postby Cauchemar » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:35 am

The paper slid under her door was regarded with some curiosity. She sat on the edge of her bed in her prim plum colored dress, simply looking at it. It could be many things, this battered brownish paper. Likely not an invitation to a fancy gathering. Small slippered feet tapped against the edge of the bed as she considered it. Finally slipping down to go and gather it from the floor. It took several minutes for her to decide if she wished to know what someone had written her. Thus far, her experiences with most of the adults here had been less than encouraging.

Finally she unfolded the paper and carefully considered the contents. Her passive features twitched gently. Obviously someone had put a great deal of effort into the letter. And the picture, well...what could she say about that? Obviously it was meant to be flattering. Her cheeks brightened ever so slightly, and the softest laughter issued forth. It was sweet. Terribly sweet, but also quite comical.

Finally the paper was folded and placed in a pocket of her wide skirts as she set on her way down to the common room. Tea, as usual, perhaps some bread and cheese. And maybe...just maybe, she would inquire about this curious little note.
Cauchemar

Goofus and Gallant

Postby Glenn » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:52 am

It had been an excited young man who brought the beautiful and doll-like Nightingale Dhrin to his Lady. The two made quite the striking pair and Elliot was all the more excited to see how pleased Rhaena Olwak was at the sight of them. So it was with her urging and assistance that he penned this letter to the lovely young lady. This letter took only four attempts before it was deemed of a high enough quality to send.

Dear Miss Dhrin (Gale),

It was very nice to make your acquaintance. I feel that in this world there are two things that matter more than all others: order and beauty. Beauty is what we value. It is what we appreciate. It is what we strive for. It gives meaning to life and raises up every-one who sees it. Order is the means for us to insure beauty can exist. It protects it. It shields it. It holds back the dark and ugly so that it may grow and flourish. It nourishes it like a flower.

I mention this to you because you em-body both of these things. You are very beautiful and your mind is very orderly. I find myself in awe of you when we are together even in the brief meeting we have had so far. More-over, I wish that as we get to know each-other more that I may be part of that order which protects your beauty. If you would allow this, I would be very pleased. I hope to see you again soon.

your servant,
Sir Elliot Gahald
Glenn
Co-Founder

Return to The Broken Dagger