Even Dishwashers Get Fanmail

Even Dishwashers Get Fanmail

Postby Rance » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:06 am

Lodged between two glasses in their neat stacks, waiting to be brought out to the tavern’s bar, there was a little folded sheet of parchment stained by fingerprints of charcoal. On the front fold it said a single name, spelled with stiff specificity: Tennant

On the back side of the sheet –- it had been torn from an old book, and the previously-pressed words had been almost entirely faded –- there were a number of random words written, which had been scribbled out with haste.

The an am was were where when quiz mask off on under over below below great small loon lute plump pluck quack duck fig figs ferns fins thins win won governor oven trees woods am where when the and am and am the

Practice was not without its fruits –- on the main side of the page was the body of the letter that all that practice had been reserved for.

first of al I am tryeing to right a proper letter an use avery part of standerd I know to right it, so please be pashent with my tarrible words

Enyway I did not get a chanse to tell you how gratefil I was for yur companey the other night, I had a bad day you see and you hafe never ben judde jugmen criticol of me and always vary kind even when you pored water on me which was funny

I wish more pepole hear were that way, the way you were

I am sorry if I made you feel strange with things I talked about, about my home, and I will not say them agen, I just thenk you have a vary good soul and it was nise to hold yur hand for a wile, I am luckey vary luckey to hafe the frens I do, its hard to not like you, but who wants a jerno anyway, yur a good kind of man who will make a lady vary happy, she will be luckey too you have the most brillient red hair and a wonnerful face to

I am trying to feel beaot bewti pretty and strong and smart the way you said, maybe we can talk soon and I will drink a tastyer drink and we can laugh

Your fren always (who would splash zillya agen with broth if it came down to it)

gloria

There were more random words underneath, crossed out like the ones above, her practice quite visible, but so many words discarded, just so she'd known better how to spell them.

drink drunk drank jump frown smile laugh up up and on am on in below above above smart brillient brilliant brillient and am the where when where whether weather weather whether amble ample ammle animle mirken myrken marken man ladey lady man i like you vary much
Rance
Co-Founder

Return to The Broken Dagger