How to Confuse a Madman

Postby Tolleson » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:32 pm

"I'm sure he had good reason," but she didn't sound so sure. How could she be. To her Catch spoke jibberish. Understanding him was rather like trying to make sense of an abstract dream. One could try and find the meaning though sensible means but inevitably the language was different at the core. Not to say they weren't saying something or didn't have an important message, surely the madman was the same. Rather than scare him she'd lie facing him as he tucked his hand back, "... Who is the dream lady?" She asked him guarded and tentative, worried perhaps that she might upset him. He'd spoken of her before, but then, he had spoken of many people using his Catchisms. and nicknmes. General curisoty nagged at her but that Glenn had potentially tormented this woman was of greater interest.
Tolleson

Postby catch » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:33 am

Reason? Ser Glenn always had reasons. But Catch was not one to question how they were good, or how they were bad. He didn't understand the plodding, stoic farmers, so how was he supposed to understand the twisty paths of Ser Glenn's intelligent mind? But ah! The Dreamlady. Catch's eyes grow distant and dream-like. It was why she was the Dreamlady, was it not?

"She is the Dreamlady. She is Wild." More riddles, but it's not Catch's fault. He wasn't even certain what a riddle was. "She has little snakes in her hair, but they don't bite. And she has a wolf in her belly, but it's not like mine. It is..." Catch struggles with the word, his brows twisting childishly, the corner of his mouth twitching and lifting with the effort. "... it's Wild, but not bad. N-not like mine. We go running together, under the moonlight." Just speaking of it quickened Catch's blood, and he wriggled on the bed in remembered joy, of the speed and swiftness and the fierce, unrelenting rightness that he felt when they ran.
catch

Previous

Return to The Broken Dagger