Catch.

Postby catch » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:56 pm

Unknowing of this struggle of words and wills between Miss Dulcie and the drow woman, he watched her hand with the wavering interest of a snake and its charmer. It was easy, then, to travel obediently the line she former with out-thrust finger.

It was the Weasel-man, the oft-silent denizen of his mind that Ser Glenn had warned him of, and this caused a thin crack to spiderweb across his face. Confidence in her question faltered and flagged, along with whatever sanity had briefly touched him.

He shook his head to clear it of the wood-smoke that invaded through his nostrils, long fingers catching up the curls of his hair so his fists could dig against his shattered skull, mismatched eyes casting down to the variated surface of the table.

"I... but. He's in my head, he goes in, and..." Sudden choke mars his words, and he falls into confused silence with a cringe.
catch

Postby Suede » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:03 am

The sound of a chair clattering to the floor as someone moved from it with haste.

Excellent timing for Jirai, for the tailor was in the middle of dashing for the stairwell. He had frozen the moment she'd turned about to warn him, eyes wide like a dear caught in the light of a lantern as the stared nervously at the drow. He was frozen in midstride, one hand still on his table where he'd been using it to push off.

At Catch's words his attention flickered a moment towards the addled man. "I'm not in your head right now, Catch."
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."
~ Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:25 am

"I won't have you breaking anyone in my tavern, it's a pain to clean the blood up." She'd say towards Jirai, keeping her tone firm and yet somewhat friendly. The last thing she needed was for the drow to really focus her attention on her. She leaned on the bar a bit then, watching the interaction between Jirai and Catch, and then Suede who didn't quite manage to escape from the crazy woman's intentions.

Her expression revealed a certain amount of concern, the focus of it resting on Catch for the most part, though she was sure to never really let Jirai get out of her line of sight. She wasn't going to do anything to stop it, at least not yet, but she was keeping a close eye on the situation.
Dulcie

Postby Jirai » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:35 pm

The dark elf smiled slightly, confident that the situation was still under control. Dulcie wasn't doing anything stupid - yet - and Suede was not running off - yet.

"Well, Catch. He's broken. And if you can fix him, I shall give you some gifts. How does that sound?" The dark elf's gaze was fixed on the crazy man, though doubtless she was paying careful attention to the other two as well.
And though scary is exciting
Nice is different than good.
Jirai
Op

Postby catch » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:44 pm

Ser Glenn said that Ser Suede was not to be trusted, and Catch indeed found it worrisome that he could - with a weasel's grace - slip in and out of the cleft in his skull with such ease, so that he could not even where and when the tailor had gone to ground. He imagined, sometimes, the tickling-whisk of a bushy tail, but - surely - that was just his mind, playing tricks.

"But you *do* go in," Catch accused quickly, certain that he has caught Ser Suede in one of those slippery lies. One thing did distract him, however; the mention of *gifts*, so that his large head turned to the drowess, large eyes alight in kindled excitement... for a moment. The next, his face pulls into a worried frown, tattooed fingers twining together nervously.

"They won't be d-drow hearts, will they? I'd much rather have beetle's eyes."
catch

Postby Suede » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:56 am

"I only go in on occasion, and why am I being discussed like some sort of object?" The tailor hadn't moved from his previous position, for he knew if he tried he'd wind up attempting to bolt. And if he did that, Jirai would stab him with at least one dagger. Best to resist the urge and stay still.

Never mind his wide eyes, though, no. Ignore the slight shake of his hand as well. "And what exactly are you planning to do with me?" Torn, it may fix him, but it may be very unpleasant. Decisions, decisions.

A slip of the eyes towards Dulcie. "Broken people are part of a tavern, it's the decor. Look at all us!" Deflect the conversation, yes, distract them all onto something else.
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."
Suede

Postby Jirai » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:38 pm

The dark elf seemed to be ignoring any words coming out of the tailor's mouth. For the most part, his words were simple inanity. For the rest, if she'd wanted his opinion, she would have asked for it. Despite that, she was watching him carefully, almost waiting for him to lose control and run for it.

"No, Catch. No drow hearts." She purred, quite pleased with herself. "Beetle eyes, though.... Mmm. That might be difficult. But if you can do this for me, then I shall ensure that you have plenty of beetle eyes." And, since what he'd asked for was worthless, she would probably even follow through on the deal!
Jirai
Op

Postby catch » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:49 am

She purred, she promised, and Catch's unfocused eyes wandered, as if he had a difficult time concentrating on her words. Perhaps he did. His ears did buzz so, with the swarms of flies circling within. If he had displayed any sort of cleverness before, then it might be a suspicious method to his wandering attentions. As if he, too, cast about for something else for them to focus on, as the tailor did.

Yes. Suede. Catch's tongue moistened his lips, and he asked - because, really, it was more polite to ask. "Does Ser Suede wish to be put back together?" he asks, demure and innocent as any maiden as long-lashed lids fall over his large, mismatched eyes. It's a fluttery, near come-hither look, entirely out of character. Unless it was a sort of spasm. One must think of these things, when it came to Catch.
catch

Postby Suede » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Did he want to be put back together? He was undecided on that idea personally, because he had no idea what was about to happen. However, he did know what would happen if he refused, and that would be stabbing pain through his body. The tailor stared wide-eyed at Catch's odd look, swallowed hard, and nodded slowly.

"I suppose I do, but I better get something nice for this." A weak glare for Jirai, forhe was suddenly quite afraid of what Catch intended. He began to sweat.
Suede

Postby Jirai » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:29 pm

"See? He wants to be put back together. And you will get beetle eyes."

The dark elf glanced at the tailor, smirking at his pathetic attempt at a glare.

"And you, Roschen. Something nice? If you are fixed, then I shan't have to kill you. Is that nice enough?"
Jirai
Op

Postby catch » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:16 pm

As addled as he was, Catch did not lack an almost animal ability to sense certain things of others, such as fear and unease. His nostrils flared at the smell of the tailor's new-born sweat, as though it wafted to him over the smell of beer and wood-dust and good, cooking things that came from the kitchens. Though such a thing must, certainly, be impossible.

He wavered between Jirai's promises of beetle's-eyes, a kingly gift, and and the tailor's hesitant acceptance. Wavered physically, in fact, for his body rocked and swayed between the two; one moment arcing towards Jirai, the next wobbling back to Suede, all the while his eyes focused at some point in the wall between the two.

Finally he stopped, and without further word got to his feet, the hulking, ragged man sidling next to the tailor - if he only held still long enough - with all the coy grace of a lover, reaching out to grab at his weasel-slink body. "If I put you together, Ser, perhaps I can put *me* together?" he asks the tailor, though he didn't sound too eager at the prospect.
catch

Postby Suede » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:06 pm

He supposed his life was a decent enough gift for behaving, though he currently had his life, so the gift was more a lack of theft. Suede didn't know how he felt about this, but he wasn't left with much opportunity to consider it. When Catch reached out and caught hold of the tailor the man let out a rather girlish yelp which he quickly smothered between both hands.

Nervous eyes flickered between the drow and the crazy man and he swallowed hard. Better not follow that urge to run away, Suede, or you'll get a dagger in your back. Right? Right. She'd certainly do it.

He drops the hands back and returned Catch's nearly perverse gaze with a rictus grin. "I'd say it's certainly worth a shot." Ah, look, his voice only cracked twice.
Suede

Postby Jirai » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:04 pm

Ah, but that was where she differed in opinions with the tailor. He did NOT currently have his life - and hadn't he been the one to tell her that? Perhaps a confession he would come to regret, or perhaps not. Jirai certainly didn't know what was about to happen and watched curiously.
Jirai
Op

Postby catch » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:02 am

For the moment, it seemed as if Catch would follow through on the subtle, sensual way he moved, holding the tailor close to his own body with iron-band fingers, oblivious to any sort of discomfort poor Suede might suffer. At least the tramp didn't smell as filthy as he looked, nothing worse than rainwater and honest sweat.

"Okay," was all he'd murmur, before he pressed his ruined head against Suede's own temple, chapped and split lips almost kissing his cheek -

Down the worm-paths they went, clotted with musky cobwebs and dripping with bloodied tears. For a beat of entwined hearts, once separate, they would be together. An agonizing second, for while Catch could See Suede, Suede could See Catch. If this did not work, then the tailor might become even more mad; if it did, however...
catch

Postby Suede » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:08 pm

It was all the tailor could do to not scream out at the first contact, and the desire to vomit was quite strong as he was constricted by Catch. Addled he may be, but the man was not small in the least. Images of how easily he could be crushed in those arms, ribs cracking, blood leaking, bubbles foaming in his mouth, all danced through his head as Catch brought himself nearer.

And all at once the blood became far more real, a slithering thing that rolled down the spider webs and coiled around the pair. Caressing touches on Catch's arms, but that didn't make any sense, for he felt the arms sliding and tightening around his torso, scales rubbing through his clothes. One serpent's head reared up larger than it was a moment before, a mouth gaping to engulf them both, and then they were gone.

Catch would see only utter darkness, then the flash of a red eye and mocking smile he impossible to resist. Teeth far too white that grinned maliciously from nothing. Then the red eye burned white hot, blinding, and the spray of blood splattered the man's face. The light dimmed and the smell of salt water struck. The view from the forecastle of a ship and it was the spray of water on his face.

A gull cried, he turns to look at a familiar face, but it's gone as the darkness swarms again. The cry is a newborn's grates with confusion, the salt water tripping on a cheek the frustrated tears of an infant. Catch's own tears of agony as he looks down at the vial he'd just sipped from. Before him a collection of bottled herbs, mortars, pestles, and scales. Was it such a good idea to experiment this time?

He vomits and out pour spiders by the hundreds, maybe thousands, the scatter everywhere. They pour into his lap a horrid mass, a vaguely feminine shape beneath countless bodies. A hand reaching up to touch his throat, he doesn't resist, thousands of legs like hairs tickling his neck. Five points prick into the side of his neck, claws. It was hair, the face he looks into more animal than man. He grins in bemusement at the chicken feathers in the thing's teeth. The last sound he hears is his neck snapping in the grip.

Suede screams bloody murder and shoves himself away from Catch, stumbling back several steps into a table. He knocks it sideways and it topples with the tailor beside it. He lays staring at the ceiling, body unmoving after the scream dies away.
Suede

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Dagger