A Missive for Miss Mayfield.

A Missive for Miss Mayfield.

Postby Wendy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:23 pm

Dear Pea,

I'm told that your beloved Knight no longer permits your presence at the tea house. For that, I am sincerely saddened. I thought it was strange that you weren't present for the party back in April, but then I know that things for you can be busy, so I tried not to think the worst. Unfortunately, having learned this I am thinking the worst: Does this mean that you and I are no longer allowed to be friends? If so, I will miss you, but I will try to understand.

Always,
Cambree

It is a letter that has been written in the wee hours, when sleep evades, after having used some of the time she is awake to bake and cool a pie. The mailing of it will happen once she's back to work in Myrkentown, sometime in the early afternoon. It is addressed to the Broken Dagger room that Patience was using - the squire's last known address as far as Cambree remembers.

If what Daveney has told her is true, she might never see Patience again... not while the young Myrkener is under the command of, and works hard for the respect of, the man she loves - not a situation that Cambree's opinion belongs anywhere near. A simple answer will suffice and the teahouse madame, or tea lady as she is called, will not attempt to change the girl's mind.

Reflecting, Cambree recalls it as too bad that their dinner time at the Calomel's residence and the recuperating and repair done at the teahouse after the two had suffered greatly the loss of the Chapter House, the following visits in the Rememdium, even the choosing of dresses for special occasions could be snuffed of their importance.

Perhaps this is more the reason why the woman can't sleep. Stomach troubles can sometimes stem from the things on one's mind that one has not found security with. At least she finds her way back to bed, having written to ask.

There's a small prayer before bed rest that asks for the ability to remain as friends. A small, repeated prayer.
Wendy

Postby Kait » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:32 am

It does not take too long for the occasional few letters addressed to those who serve the knighthood to find their way from the Broken Dagger to the Chapter House and its surrounding buzz of construction. This particular missive reaches the squire in the later part of her day, when training and other duties do not necessitate it being tucked away to be read at some later hour. Still, those first drafts of a reply are scrawled across the pages of her mind, written and rewritten until most of the knighthood sits down to enjoy their evening meal.

Cambree,

I am sorry for that. He wouldn't be happy with the knights being there no matter what, but I think the order was handed down because of him finding me there. To be fair I figure my ma would have skined me alive for it to. I don't like letters. Things in my head don't look right on paper and I make a dripy mess of ink.

He wouldn't say not to have friends. Not unless it was a monster or maybe a drow because of Sareun. I don't like them anyway. Just the teahouse isn't a place I can be now is all. Is that ok?

Patience

Neither the young woman's handwriting nor the state of her spelling has improved since the last letters she's sent, but words are picked with care where possible so as not to embarass herself too acutely. The letter is sent off with a messenger boy, after he's had his fill of the cook's honeyed bread and wiped clean sticky fingers to the squire's satisfaction.
You and I touch the sky, the eagle and the dove.
Kait

Return to The Broken Dagger