An Unwelcome Letter

An Unwelcome Letter

Postby Glenn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:36 am

The sealed letter would arrive at the Broken Dagger in the middle of the morning. Likely, its recipient would not be back until evening, but there was little that could be done about that. There was no indication on who it was from on the outside. It certainly did not possess the seal of the Myrken Government.

Still, it would be apparent quickly enough.

Miss Sauveterre,

One thing, above all else, stands out from our most pleasant talk yesterday. Teron has made efforts to kill or maim me a half-dozen times. Teron attacked the Baker Farm solely to make Cinnabar less sympathetic to him. Teron assaulted Ariane in the most horrific ways and she, out of all of us, would go to great lengths NOT to see the urn out of his hands.

Yet you are so certain that he does not want to kill you. That is a very strange thing to be so sure of. I would know why.

We shall speak on this matter soon.

Charmed,

Glenn Burnie
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby SuperRy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:59 am

Unwelcome indeed.

What a surprise to find the post awaiting upon her return—what wasn’t so surprising was the sender, or the assumptions he’d made amidst curt conversation had between a corridor and a bedroom. No wonder the note found itself crumpled and tossed into the hearth fire in the commons.

An hour later, however, its recipient took it upon herself to pen a reply.

Mister Burnie:

You presumptuous a…

Scrapped. A new beginning:

So it would seem that a ‘stupid whore’ and a swordswoman are of a singular mind. But of course, you assumed that I had taken the urn for myself—I would have seen it back to its rightful owner, not desecrated within hands seeking entrapment.

Speak all you like, much good may it do you—I remain steadfast in my decision not to enlighten you.

As ever,

D. Sauveterre
a drowner, sinking in the dry sea
an insomniac, searching the dust for dreams
SuperRy

Postby Glenn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:18 am

Her answer only led to more questions. There was a great deal of knowledge and understanding she needed in order to come to such a decision. It was such that she should not have.

He had to get to the bottom of things and likely that meant talking to Cinnabar, at the least.

A stalling pattern then. Something particularly frustrating for her.

Miss Sauveterre,

As you quite unfortunately do not wish to confide in me on this matter, I will temporarily bow out and seek the kind assistance of the patron you, yourself, named at the end of our last conversation. You shall be hearing from him shortly, and if there is any justice, quite often.

Charmed,

Glenn
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby SuperRy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:07 pm

Mister Burnie:

This continued harassment coupled with threats does little to persuade me to recognize you as confidant in this or any other matter.

Do your worst, if it please you. Your efforts to date have done nothing save encourage my silence.

As ever,

D. Sauveterre
a drowner, sinking in the dry sea
an insomniac, searching the dust for dreams
SuperRy

Return to The Broken Dagger