Addressed to Kals...

Addressed to Kals...

Postby Tolleson » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:25 pm

Finding herself at quite a loss the seamstress Rhea returned to her usual seat near the fire, parchment obtained and some ink barrowed from a rooming patron. Though she ought not to have been able to read let alone write, from her basket she retrieved a quill to cut with care and the sloth of sorrow.

Freshly cut and readied the nib sank regretfully like her heart into the well of darkness, the consuming blackness of the ink from whence it came to find home the parchment.

"Addressing the Good Sir of the name Kals,
I crave your pardon Sir. It has been imparted to me, thy sister has departed of late. Though I beg you not fear, as it has been instructed of me to inform you she stays at the house of the Lady Agnieszka."

Her letters were well illuminated, the ink gliding across the parchment slowly, delicately, with a practiced hand. Not overly audacious, rather written meagerly, for such a note was a heavy burden to her own heart and those to whom would see it as well. She wanted to add that this sister, Rhaena, might not be well so easily for the death of her beloved. But it was requested that this document inform him in specificity. Her task thus complete, the pen was laid down but the tears came once again before she might salt the page blurring only a few letters. Turning away so no more could smudge the inks, a tide of emotion washed over her, breaking the shore as swelling tears rolled over her cheeks and fell lonesome to the floor only to shatter once again and melt upon the uncaring boards. Without signing her name the note was rolled and sealed, delivered to the said room before the seamstress left for the Rememdium to speak the the good doctor to find her a place - and now that the good healer was gone, perhaps there was yet something she might do, as he had once suggested she might.
Tolleson

Return to The Broken Dagger