A Meeting in the Forest

A Meeting in the Forest

Postby Dulcie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:05 am

Midnight during a full moon. It was a time when most of Myrken had gone into their homes and locked their doors to keep the monsters at bay. At least that's what the people with any amount of good sense would do, but even as the wolves howled in the night and the forest came alive with the trickling silver light, the voices of two people in a hot discussion could easily be overheard by someone wandering about in the woods.

"Do you even know what you've done here? What a mess you've left for me? Some of them have very nearly figured it out you know. It's ridiculous the way you can think you can just come in and spoil all of my fun all of the time!" It was the impetuous voice of a young woman. There was a rustle of elegant fabrics, and the sound of someone who was wearing them sitting down.

"Ah now, don't be like that. After all, it's your fault you know. You Named me. Surely you know better than that.." He was about to say her name when she snapped and cut him off.

"Don't you dare! Don't you dare say that here! We could only imagine who might be listening! No, I might have Named you, but you're the one who chose to do what you did when you showed up! What about all those babies! At least when I'm.. no, that doesn't even matter. Who even knows what sort of things that they'll do. Once they start figuring out that their children aren't human they're going to come looking for answers and when they want someone tied to the burning pyre it is NOT going to be me! I know how to have fun without sending a mob out looking for me!" The woman continued to mutter under her breath while the male voice just chuckled.

"You waste far too much of your breath on these little people. Darling, why can't you just let go and enjoy yourself. If you'd just come here I could show you..." His voice was warm and thick like honey, the sound of it alone enough to invite just about any woman in.

"Oh I know exactly what you'd show me!" She snapped, the fabric rustling again, the sound of twigs snapping beneath footsteps as she turned to leave down the forest path she'd come in on. "And who even knows what those children will be capable of. It's your responsibility to help them you know. Not that you will, but you should. You would think a century or two would have changed you." And with that she'd leave in a huff, the rustling and snapping following her footfalls while all the while the man simply laughed at each word he spoke. It had been so long since they'd had a good quarrel.
Dulcie

Return to The Forest & Lake