Long Overdue

Re: Long Overdue

Postby Glenn » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:25 pm

It was all falling apart. Simple questions. Simple answers. Why couldn't he just stick to that! He knew things worked better when he did. With himself. With her. With everything but Solena and Suede. "Things don't make so much sense anymore." Elliot laid down beside her, a few inches away. He stared straight up, easy enough to in the clearing. He just stared. In some ways, things WERE comfortable. He felt no problem getting so physically close to her. "They used to be a lot easier. What changed?"
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Jirai » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:39 pm

"Things made sense before?" She rarely alluded to the chocolate time, but did now with something close to amusement. "Things always change. Even when we don't want them to. Especially when we don't want them to." She didn't like change, herself, which was a large part of her current struggle, and so there was an undertone of bitterness in her voice with those words. It vanished in her next words though. "If you are happier, though, it is good change, right?"
Jirai
Op

Postby Glenn » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:44 pm

"Things made sense then." IT was insane, but it was the same insanity everyday. They went off on adventures. They fought the bad guys. They saved who needed saving. They protected each other. It all made sense. There was routine and friendship and she smiled now and again and he smiled back. It made sense.

He kept staring up, not looking at her. "Are you happier?"
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Jirai » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:53 pm

He stared up. She stared at her tiny fire. Happier. It was a loaded word. So she avoided it. "It was easier to not have to think and remember." She said eventually. It had made sense, had a simplicity that, even if it was illusion, was very appealing to the girl. "Easier, but not good, I suppose. Now? I don't know."
Jirai
Op

Postby Glenn » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:46 am

"I think.." And really wasn't it always a terribly dangerous thing when Elliot Brown started a sentence with that. It never ended well, not really. Then he smiled and looked to her, though he was still laying down beside the fire. Somehow it made it all worse. "I think that we should DO something. You're really powerful and I'm getting pretty good, and I think between the two of us we can DO something.

"Things aren't perfect. I'm not happier either." He had taken her avoidance as a way to indicate that she had been happier in her days with him, which might be where his smile came from. Maybe. "But we can do more to make things better for you." He could carry his weight more now, could do more for her. Didn't she see? Maybe that's what he wanted most now, between them, more equality, a chance to give back after hiding behind her for over a year.
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Jirai » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:48 am

She had some ideas, to make things better. At least, to keep herself occupied, but the ideas were new and rather more subtle than Niall was used to being. Still, she makes a noise that might be close to stifled laughter. "...Do you know anything that needs killing?" She glanced over to him, then, and he'd know her well enough to see that she was amused... but not at him, no. She liked the idea well enough.
Jirai
Op

Postby Glenn » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:13 am

Elliot has no idea what to do with that. The amusement he pegged, but the target was slippery for him to grasp. Still, it could have been worse. Who knows how often she laughed these days. "That NEEDS killing? There've been a lot of bodies lately." He was grasping at straws, and not very well either. "We could figure out what's causing them, right?"
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Jirai » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:51 am

Oh, the girl laughed very rarely these days. Very rarely. She stretched her legs out, leaning most of her weight on hands pushed back behind her. "Which bodies are those?" Some things Niall pays attention to. Other things, apparently not.
Jirai
Op

Previous

Return to The Forest & Lake