Unexpected visitors to Darkenhold.

Unexpected visitors to Darkenhold.

Postby channe » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:52 am

It is a simple truth: you cannot keep a secret in a small town.

Myrkentown is nothing if not a small town, held together by tendrils of gossip and whispers traded in the shops and markets and bars. And if you are Agnieszka Kaczmarek, and your job is to pay attention to those rumors, you may easily hear whispers of a semblance of life returning to a certain stronghold some distance from the smelly, dirty streets you're walking. After all, Darkenhold is a Presence in her world, its inhabitants legend-whispers in the dark, smoky rooms where Agnieszka spends her time these days, healing up her cracked ribs and bruised body from that last disastrous fight, feeling completely useless --

-- and despite her wish to disengage from the entanglement that is Ariane Carnath-Emory, this is Myrken Wood, and she is tasked with its defense, and she has learned, and more than that, the curiosity clutches her by the throat; she simply must know.

So she's eaten a good breakfast at the bar, enlisted Rhaena's pretty carriage, and dragged Aleksei along for the ride to Darkenhold. After all, if he is to stand up against the darkness in Myrken Wood, he should meet the woman who bears the scars of that fight on her skin, in her bones, and in her blood.
channe

Re: Unexpected visitors to Darkenhold.

Postby BetaFlame » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:09 am

Much to his relief, there was a carriage. He seemed to relax a little climbing in, slipping the sword and sheath from his belt loop and propping it in the seat next to him as he settled in place. He sighs and watches the terrain go by for a few minutes as considers. Obviously, this was important to Agnie, that he meet this woman. Else, she would not have insisted on right away. Either that, or she was just being very impatient. They were equally likely.

"So. Tell me more about whom I am going to met? I never mind having an unfair advantage over someone in social settings. You know I need all the help I can get." He smirks a little, being reminded of his conversations with Glenn Burnie about his social abilities. But there is.. something odd about the man today. He seems different somehow. Like he has changed in the near month Agnie hasn't seen him. He's certainly put on muscle mass. There is an edge to him now, as if the act of taking up his sword again as made him into a slightly different person.

He just turns his gaze to her, not really knowing what to expect with this trip.
BetaFlame

Return to The Forest & Lake