A Letter to Solena

A Letter to Solena

Postby Duquesne » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:54 pm

Delivered, a sealed envelope with both the sender's name and the recipient's name penned on the front cover. Inside, this letter:

We are absent formal acquaintance, you and I. A certain matter connects us, however -- the matter of Elliot Brown.

I suspect you know of me, just as I know of you. If this is true, you may acknowledge that I am a man generally in possession of rationality; if it is not true and you do not know of me, allow me to assure you I am a faithful advocate of reason and scientific venture. This being said, I was lately in the actual presence of Elliot Brown -- not Gahald, I emphasize, but Brown whose body remains in the possession of the former even now -- and it was Mister Brown who requested that I write to you. He offered no content for this letter and indeed there was no time for me to ask for details, but I write regardless because a promise was made and it will be kept.

Brown's consciousness persists. Though he exists without a physical body, he is able to communicate by specific means and circumstances. The mechanics are not clear to me, but I hypothesize that his consciousness has a strong link to his native physiology -- his live body -- and by this seemingly metaphysical perseverance the Mind of Elliot Brown remains peculiarly intact; an energy capable of interaction. It defies my understanding of natural philosophy, but there is much I have yet to learn -- it encourages me to look deeper. I know an explanation, indeed a solution, can be obtained and this is my current course.

He is himself, I can say this with confidence, being acquainted with him in life. I am troubled; what is this but some sort of hell?

You may have questions, answers; a message for him in return, perhaps. In any case, contact me.

[signed]
S. Duquesne
Darkenhold
Duquesne

Return to Myrken Wood