In an Envelope to Newford

In an Envelope to Newford

Postby Rance » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Traders were not averse to carrying letters if the chore came with a few coins. A tanner delivered a missive to Stonebrook, which was then forwarded north to Newford at the hands one of the monastery's monks -- for Gloria Wynsee, being occasionally devoid of general knowledge, had confused one for the other upon her original passage through on the way to Golben.

Dear Sinnabar Callamel,

I am writeing first with the intent to thank you for your kindness in the Golbin; I was in a state, I was not friends with Giaseppe, and I fear I may have been insulting or impatient with you during that very short time--

I wish foremost to write inquiering as to the health of Governor Burnie, many people have asked after him but I have said nothing conclusive to them, you see, except that he is indeed alive; is he well, is he faring, I fear I left you during quite a foo fy feuke and I did not even say a proper thank you. I might wish one day to speak to him again, and of course you.

I do not know how fast the news travels or if it is even important, perhaps he already knows, but Rhaena Olwak is dead, killed by the blight of a blade during the Hour we are missing or that is what the word is on the mouthes of folk. It was not just my brain or yours but all brains in Myrken Wood, like a lingering laughter as you might imagine hearing from an evil sort in a storybook. If you aught need to tell him this thing, please do so softly, as I believe from my very limated interactions that he loved her very much and I would wish him to hurt the very least he must.

They are hanging men and women here. If Governor Burnie needs anything he must only ask, Mna. Genny and I will do what aught to be done.

Sincerely,

Glour'eya Wynsee
Rance
Co-Founder

Return to Myrken Wood