Little Lissa

Re: Little Lissa

Postby Guppy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:32 am

The delicate shudder was noted and the creature glanced skyward for patience. "They wanted to hurt you. They wanted to kill you. How could you leave your fate in their grubby little hands?," the creature questioned, voice low. Coaxing the young woman to her manner of thinking.

A hand was waved, disregarding the conversation."It doesn't really matter. I am not sure of the source of your power, which means that I can not stop it. You'll just need to find a way to control it, instead of running away," she mentioned, matter-of-factly.
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:15 am

"They wanted to kill me because what I could do could kill them." She frowned as she thought about it. "Like putting down a wild dog, or a bear that's been fed by man's hand."

She was thinking though, that much was obvious on her face. It mentioned controlling it and she'd look up, watching the creature for a moment.

"Do you know how control it? Does She?"
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:18 pm

"And did you ask for that? Did you ask for these powers, this burden? How dare they," the serpent hissed, the smile upon her features lazy. "How dare they presume to know what is best for you? You aren't their pet. You are stronger than they are." She sounded so very certain, so impassioned. Her words were like honey.

"I might know how, were I to take your form for a while. It would take exploration of what you could do, girl." She nodded as she considered. "Or you could simply practice them instead of running away from what you are. It's not liable to change. You need to address it sooner rather than later. Practice makes perfect, as they say."
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:35 am

"No, no I didn't ask for it. Who would ask for this life? No one wants to live among the dead, it's not right." Her eyes looked far away for a moment, remembering an incident in the orphanage where one of the sisters had told her just that when she tried to tell her that a little bird had come back to life when she touched it.

She blinked then, looking at the creature with a look of surprise. "Take my form? You can do that?" She paused again and then quickly shook her head. "No, no I think I'd have to think about that. I don't know that you'd ever give me back. And you sound like you like this.. this problem of mine."
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:42 am

"Oh, well, you know. It has its perks," she mentioned, carelessly. "Conquering life and death seems a worthy life to me." She challenged everything that the young woman thought. She was opposite to everyone that she had met in Myrken. Death was not something to be feared, but to be controlled. Power was the ideal. The living were pawns to be toyed with. "There are so few that are worthy in this life. Don't let them condemn you because you are different. You will outlast them all, in the end, and then they will bow to your rule." In death, they would be her minions.

A sudden, wide grin after the moment's consideration. "Of course I would not give it back. That is far too tempting to give up, dear. Clever you for realizing that."The demon seemed pleased, more respect and approval leveled upon Fred's slim shoulders.
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:08 pm

She was shocked at the creature's honesty, blinking a few times as the creature admitted that it wouldn't return her.

"Well then I guess my answer would be no. I might not be right, but at least I'm my own person." Although sometimes she wondered how much of herself she really was. There was times that that power seemed eerily tempting, lingering there on the edge of her consciousness, beaconing to her.

"I guess I'll just have to figure it out on my own. It's good that they burn the dead here." Her shock, her anxiety about her condition that the conversation had brought up caused some of that dark energy to ebb from her again. The ghosts had begun to creep closer, edging to where the darkness seeped away from her, trying to get that taste of life again.
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:20 am

Her moment of honesty startled the young woman, but there was no apology in the creature's blank features. The face, the pretty mask not its own that it wore without shame. "Would you rather that I lied?," she questioned, curious. "Would that make things easier for you?" She nodded briefly. "Good. The powers will be far stronger, should you figure them out yourself. I will be keeping an eye on you, dear. I have been around long enough to watch humanity's actions and the poisoned seed of their souls. And when they condemns you, hurt you. When they try to destroy you out of terror, I will be there the moment you decide that a monster is the lesser of two evils. It would be far easier to give up control so that you would not have to be responsible for tearing them apart. I will feel no guilt, don't fret," she mused. The confidence oozing from the demon was jarring. It brought up self-doubt, questions that had no answers.

The leaking power was noted, the ghosts observed passively as they drifted closer. Her fingers were snapped, the sharp noise startling the stillness. "Beat it," she snapped, voice a low growl. That violent, angry entropy that was the woman's own magic pulsed strongly. It would wash over the ghostly figures and certainly startling enough to drive them back and away, even in the face of their current temptation. They were trivial, barely worth notice. Swatted away like insects.
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:55 am

"No, I guess I'm glad you were honest." She said, still chewing on her lips. She could start to see the ghosts then and watched them scatter as the creature yelled at them.

"I.. I don't think we're going to agree. Maybe I should just be going." The creature frightened her, and what frightened her worse is how much sense it seemed to make when it talked about how other people treated her. She needed to be alone, to try to figure things out without the stress and anxiety that being around magical people seemed to always instigate within her. "Thanks for um, trying to help."
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:23 pm

The creature nodded slightly, once. "So be it. Take care not to tread into dangerous territory, girl. I will be around, should you have need of me. " The twinkle in those ebony eyes was rather knowing as she wriggled her fingers in a merry little wave. The being turned to leave the girl alone there, in the middle of the street. Lips pursed and an oddly haunting whistled melody hung in the air It continued along the path. The ghosts would, no doubt, draw closer to Fred in her absence.
Guppy

Previous

Return to Myrken Wood